Diseases such as common cold, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) etc can be caused by a broad group of viruses called the Coronaviruses (CoV). It was first detected in Wuhan, China. Coronavirus Symptoms include fever, breathing difficulties, respiratory symptoms, shortness of breath and cough. In severe conditions it can cause kidney failure, pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome and even death.
- routine hand washing
- Meat and eggs should be cooked thoroughly
- Nose and mouth should be covered while sneezing and coughing
- Close contact should be avoided with people showing signs of coronavirus
- Healthy individuals are required to wear the mask only if they are taking care of another individual suspected with 2019-nCoV infection.
- Masks should be worn and disposed properly.
- Frequent hand-washing using an alcohol-based handwash/soap and water is required.
- It is advised to wear a mask if you are if symptoms such as coughing and sneezing are observed.
- No vaccine and treatment to prevent COVID-2019 has been found till date. Individuals showing symptoms should get medical care immediately. A good number of patients are recovering with the help of proper care. Vaccines and medicines are under investigation. All efforts to prevent and cure COVID-2019 is being taken by nations around the world.